Slip and fall
Product liability injuries
When you’re in a car accident, the ensuing moments can be hectic and confusing. Even though you may feel panicked or have clearly apparent injuries, it’s important to follow these steps to make sure you get all of the information you need.
If you’ve been injured, Malnar Law can help.
We can help you to determine how to collect damages, maximize your claim, and file a lawsuit when the insurance companies play games. We are a no fee law firm–if you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
Being injured is difficult. We’re here to help you have the best possible outcome.
1. Stay calm. Do not admit fault.
2. Be safe. As much as you reasonably can, move your vehicle out of the road. Put your hazard lights on.
3. Call the authorities. Insist they come out; law enforcement may not respond to accidents unless there are injuries.
4. Don’t say that you are not injured. We see clients over and over again insist they are not injured and as soon as the adrenaline wears off from the accident, they start feeling severe pain and end up having serious injuries. Let a doctor decide if you are injured or not. Always get checked out by a competent medical provider.
5. Exchange information:
- Phone number
- Insurance company
- Policy number
- Driver license number and license plate number for the driver and the owner of each vehicle.
6. Document the accident. Write a brief written description of each car, including year, make, model, and color including the exact location of the collision and how it happened. Also be sure to take pictures of the scene, accident, and injuries.
Motorcycle accidents can often leave the victim with more injuries than a regular vehicle accident. In addition, accident victims may also need compensation for the loss of their motorcycle and attached belongings, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Common motorcycle injuries can be devastating, including:
- Head Injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Skin injuries or road rash
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you can rely on Malnar Law.
Don’t rely on insurance companies for a fair settlement–their goal is to pay out as little as possible. We will negotiate aggressively for you and even take the case to trial so you can get the settlement you deserve.
We’re here for you.
An accident with a semi-truck can have devastating results. Large trucks may weigh more than 80,000 pounds and cause an incredible amount of damage, have larger blind spots, and involve fatigued drivers or inclement weather.
When involved in a collision with a large or commercial truck, it is important to:
- Take photos of the scene, the truck and cars involved, and the injuries on your person.
- Call the local police or highway patrol and make sure that an accident report is properly filled out by the investigating police officer.
- Go to the hospital–either by ambulance or driven by family or friends–and have your injuries checked out.
- Receive proper follow up medical care.
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a semi-truck, Malnar Law can help.
Drivers hit by large trucks often suffer the most damage to their body and to their vehicle. Luckily, commercial vehicles carry extra liability insurance because of this, allowing us to reach into deeper pockets for a personal injury recovery.
We’ll help you get the settlement you need to recover and move forward with your life.
“I am so thankful I asked Malnar Law to represent me after I was involved in an accident. Even though I was an innocent party, the other party’s insurance company had a very difficult time accepting responsibility for the losses and injuries I incurred. Thankfully, Malnar Law cared, listened, and took action to help settle all of my medical expenses and get me back on my feet.”
Being a cyclist on the road leaves you vulnerable, even if you take every precaution. Bicycle accident injuries can be severe and even fatal. Most bicycle accidents aren’t the cyclist’s fault.
Here are of some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents:
- Drivers opening their car door without looking to see if the way is clear
- Drivers not giving cyclists room to merge
- Cars swerving into the cyclist’s lane
- Cars turning at intersections without checking for cyclists crossing the road
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, Malnar Injury can help.
We’re here to help you file a claim for your accident, help prove that you were not liable, and enable you to collect the highest settlement possible to cover your injuries and other needs.
You are not alone.
Car drivers have the duty to keep a proper view of pedestrians. If a driver is negligent and hits a pedestrian (especially if they were in a crosswalk), then the driver and their insurance company are responsible for paying for the pedestrian’s injuries and damages.
Keep these important issues in mind:
- Colorado is a fault state. That means pedestrians do NOT need to prove permanent injury to receive monetary damages.
- A pedestrian can file a lawsuit or claim immediately after being struck by a motorist.
- Pedestrians have the most success with claims if they were in a crosswalk when they were struck.
Whatever the circumstance of your pedestrian accident, we’re here to help you work through your unique circumstances.
If you’ve been injured by a motor vehicle there are usually multiple insurance policies in place to protect your interests and make sure that you are made whole.
Let’s work together to find your path forward.
Any injury to the body, mind, or emotions can be classified as a personal injury. If you’ve been intentionally injured or injured by negligence or recklessness by a person, business, or government, you can seek a personal injury lawsuit.
Generally, a person in a personal injury lawsuit can expect to claim damages related to:
- Medical bills. Fees for the ER, ambulances, surgeries, prescriptions, and physical therapy.
- Loss of income. Expenses accrued from to being out of work due to injury.
- Punitive damages. Emotional or mental pain, loss of companionship, or other damages.
Malnar Law can help you in all aspects of personal injury law.
We’re here to help you file your claim, negotiate with an insurance company, and represent you in court. (Please note that Malnar Law does not handle Worker’s Compensation claims). Even if you don’t have health insurance, we may be able to get your treatment covered.
No matter your injury, you deserve to move forward.
While whiplash is a neck injury most commonly linked to car accidents, it can happen any time. When the head jolts forwards, backwards, or sideways, it can damage the ligaments and tendons in the neck. This can happen in any kind of accident including physical assault, slips, trips or falls.
Typical symptoms of whiplash include:
Stiffness and pain through the neck and shoulders
Tenderness, swelling, or reduced mobility of the neck
Headaches and migraines
Shooting pains, numbness, or tingling in the arms or hands
Muscle spasms in the neck, shoulders, and arms
Vertigo or dizziness
If you believe you’re suffering from whiplash, contact Malnar Law right away.
We will help you through every step of your claim, including getting medical evidence of your injury. We’re here to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to start your healing process.
Slip and Fall
Property owners are expected to keep their property in a safe condition. If a property owner knowingly ignores hazards (doesn’t try to fix the hazard or notify you of the danger), and you get injured as a result, you could be entitled to compensation.
If a property owner fits into one of these categories, they could be held legally liable for your injury:
- The hazardous situation was caused by the property owner
- The owner knew about the hazard but didn’t do anything to fix it
- Any reasonable person would have been able to detect the hazard
Slip or fall cases can be a complicated legal knot to untangle. Malnar Law can help.
There is a legal precedent that property owners are responsible for inspecting and maintaining their property regularly. If you are injured because of a property owner’s negligence, we can work to get you the compensation you deserve.
We’re here to help you move on.
Product liability injuries
Most products are tested, reviewed, and deemed safe by the respective companies that manufacture them. But even with the best safety features, products can still malfunction and cause serious injury that the companies must be held accountable for when they put you at risk.
If you were injured by a product, it may have been due to one of these issues:
- The design of the product as a whole is flawed
- There was a defect in manufacturing.
- Proper warning tags are missing
If you were injured by a product for these reasons or others, Malnar Law can fight for you.
Product liability laws exist to make sure that companies are held responsible when their products malfunction. These companies often have a team of lawyers whose job is to defend the company’s bottom line, so we will fight for you to protect you from corporate tactics.
We’re here for you.
Dealing with the emotional toll of losing a loved one is one of the most painful experiences you can go through. If the death of your loved one was caused by another party’s misconduct or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Compensation in a wrongful death case could encompass:
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of income
- Medical bills
- Property damages
Malnar Law is here to help.
It can be difficult to grieve and build a case at the same time. We’re here to help you gather evidence, build your case, and file a claim so you don’t have to. We’ll help navigate your wrongful death suit and claim the compensation you may be entitled to on your case.